Appendix 1: NOGG members
National Osteoporosis Guideline Group
Chair: Celia L Gregson, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and Honorary Consultant Orthogeriatrician, Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Bristol Medical School, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK and Royal United Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Bath, UK.
The guideline development writing group was composed of two committees, the Guideline Development Group and the Expert Advisory Group. Members of both committees contributed to the content of the guideline, but consensus agreement on the recommendations was restricted to the Guideline Development Group. Disclosures of potential conflicts of interest of all members are available on the NOGG website (www.shef.ac.uk/NOGG). No funding source/body was involved in the development and/or writing of this guideline, all members gave up their time voluntarily, without any renumeration for their work.
Guideline Development Group
- Juliet Compston, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge.
- John Edwards, Senior Lecturer in General Practice, Primary Care Centre Versus Arthritis, School of Medicine, Keele University, Staffordshire, and General Practitioner, Wolstanton Medical Centre, Newcastle under Lyme.
- John A Kanis, Mary McKillop Institute for Health Research, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, Australia and Centre for Metabolic Bone Diseases, University of Sheffield, Sheffield.
- Sarah Leyland, Clinical adviser and Osteoporosis Specialist Nurse, Royal Osteoporosis Society
- Rebecca Low, General Practitioner, Marcham Road Health Centre, Abingdon and Specialty Doctor in Metabolic Bone Disease, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford.
- Zoe Paskins, School of Medicine, Keele University, Keele, and Haywood Academic Rheumatology Centre, Haywood Hospital, Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Stoke-on-Trent.
- Julia Thomson, Nurse manager and Osteoporosis Specialist Nurse, Royal Osteoporosis Society.
- Nic Vine, Public and patient representative.
- Jane Parker, Public and patient representative (since 2021)
- Jean Bowden, Public and patient representative (since 2021)
- Penny Ritchie Calder (MBE), Public and patient representative (stepped down 2020).
- David Brookfield, Public and patient representative (stepped down 2021).
Expert Advisory Group
- David Armstrong, Consultant Rheumatologist, Western Health and Social Care Trust (NI), and Visiting Professor, Nutrition Innovation Centre for Food and Health, Ulster University.
- Cyrus Cooper, Professor of Rheumatology, MRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, University of Southampton and Professor of Musculoskeletal Science, University of Oxford.
- Neil Gittoes, Consultant & Honorary Professor of Endocrinology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospitals Birmingham & University of Birmingham, Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Birmingham.
- Nicholas C Harvey, Professor of Rheumatology and Clinical Epidemiology, MRC Lifecourse Epidemiology Unit, University of Southampton.
- Eugene McCloskey, Professor in Adult Bone Disease and Honorary Consultant, University of Sheffield and Director of the Centre for Integrated research in Musculoskeletal Ageing (CIMA), University of Sheffield.
- Katie Moss, Consultant Rheumatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer, St George’s University Hospital, London.
- Ken Poole, Reader in Metabolic Bone Disease, Honorary Consultant Physician (Rheumatology), Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge.
- David Reid, Emeritus Professor of Rheumatology, University of Aberdeen.
- Mike Stone, Consultant Physician (Geriatric Medicine), University Hospital Llandough, and Director of Bone Research, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
Temporarily seconded away from NOGG
- Peter Selby, Endocrinologist, Consultant Physician and Honorary Clinical Professor of Metabolic Bone Disease, University of Manchester (seconded away from NOGG for 2020-21).